Helen Keller once said that if she could only have one thing back she would want her hearing back, not her vision; vision separates you from things but hearing separates you from people. We don’t want you to feel separated from the people that matter to you.
We are emphatic to our patient’s needs and grateful for the opportunity to help them once again enjoy the sounds important to them. There is no greater reward for us than when we see that we have helped to drastically improve the quality of our patient’s life.
Recent research published in the Archives of Internal Medicine report that one in five Americans age 12 and older experiences hearing loss severe enough to hinder communication. If you think you have hearing loss, or know a loved who does please schedule an appointment so we can help you.
The Solution is Simple
Communication is critical in life. Your job and social interactions are all more rewarding when you can communicate confidently – and hearing is vital to that. Research shows that people who get hearing aids benefit from:
- Fewer instances of confusion and disorientation
- Increased ability to concentrate and multitask
- Better memory skills and a greater ability to learn new tasks
- Alertness and awareness of their personal safety
- Increased earning power and more control over their lives
The Steps for Better Hearing
- Schedule a full evaluation of your hearing with our office.
- After the evaluation we will discuss the results. If a hearing loss is present, we will explain the type of loss. If it is a conductive type of loss (meaning the problem is in the outer or middle ear) you will be referred to an ENT physician for further care. However, if the hearing loss is sensorineural (meaning the problem is in the inner ear) your candidacy for hearing aids will be discussed in detail. If you chose to go ahead with hearing aids, we will discuss the types of hearing aids available and come up with the one that is the most appropriate for you. You will be scheduled to come back to our office in one to two weeks for a hearing aids fitting.
- During your fitting visit we will program the hearing aids for your particular hearing loss. The hearing aids will be customized to meet the needs of your particular hearing loss and the acoustics of your ear canals. We verify our results using a procedure called Real Ear Verification. After programming the hearing aids, you will be instructed how to use and take care of your hearing aids. You’ll then be scheduled for a follow-up fitting about a week later.
- During the first fitting follow-up visit we will connect the hearing aids to the computer. The hearing aids will give us valuable information regarding your listening experiences during your first week that will help us make adjustments to your hearing aids. We’ll then schedule a final adjustment appointment for about two weeks later.
- At the final adjustment visit we will fine tune the hearing aids based on your feedback. This appointment is final only in that it is the last “scheduled” appointment.
- If you ever experience any problems, we’ll get you right back into the office to make any needed corrections. We want to make sure that your transition to better hearing goes as smoothly as possible.